Megan and Sam get married...

I had the absolute privilege of photographing these two. Megan came to me a year ago just before her wedding for a boudoir shoot she wanted to give to her then fiancĂ©, Sam, on their wedding day.  She was giddy and excited and nervous but not for marrying Sam. She seemed so at ease with this next part of her life, she was just waiting for the day to come. After meeting Sam I could see why, these two are so precious with one another there's no wonder they were so excited to get married.

From Megan:
"Since the day we first met, my husband, Sam, has surprised me every day. The first day we met in person he surprised me with a suite at the Bellagio in Vegas, and tickets to "O." Our first real date he surprised me with my very own motorcycle gear all in pink (bless his heart, he didn't know yet that I actually hated the color pink). On a day-to-day basis it's always something like my favorite cupcake, a little tchotchke or something he fixed at the house. He always has something up his sleeve and he loves dropping surprises on people. The weekend we celebrated our 2 year anniversary (of dating) in Napa Valley, CA he had the biggest surprise ever! We were out in the field at our first vineyard and he said, "Let's take a picture!" So he set up his phone using a little tripod (which is not out of the norm for him) and he proceeded to tell me to put my purse down (a little strange, I guess) as he stood behind me "prom picture style" (again, a little weird, but he's just kinda weird) then I suddenly didn't feel him behind me anymore. I turned around and said, "Honey, come on," thinking the timer was about to be up and that's when I saw him on his knee staring up at me. Good thing he was actually recording the entire thing with his phone because I don't remember a beautiful word he said. I was in a haze of girlish laughter and shock. No, I was literally laughing. Not the romantic way I had always imagined it, but he was just amazing. We still have the video and every single time I watch it I start crying. I will never forget that sweet surprise."


















No comments:

Post a Comment